COVID-19 PREPAREDNESS AND RESPONSE
Student and staff safety is a top priority at Iola-Scandinavia Schools.
On Monday, July 13th the I-S school board approved a 2020-21 Iola-Scandinavia Reopening Plan. This is a fluid document that may change as we continue to review and update plans for the upcoming school year.
In our efforts to keep our students, staff and families informed with the latest information, please use this page as a reference for District communications regarding COVID-19 and other helpful resources.
This global health event impacts us all. It requires us to take careful precautions and to follow advice provided by public health experts.
PRECAUTIONS AND RECOMMENDATIONS
The District is taking a number of precautions to minimize the risk to our students, staff and families:
- We are asking all of our families to monitor their student’s health, as well as their own. If their child is sick with flu-like symptoms, fever, cough or shortness of breath, we are recommending that parents and guardians seek medical treatment. We are also asking staff to follow these same precautions.
- Our custodial staff is sanitizing every room in the district. Staff members are asked to contact their building Principal if they need access to a sanitized room.
- We continue to evaluate all upcoming District-sponsored travel and events, as information is presented by Government and health officials.
We encourage all students, staff and community members to follow these recommendations from the Centers for Disease Control:
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol content.
- Stay at home if you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, and throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces.