Dear Parents/Guardians and Staff,
On Saturday August 1st, Governor Tony Evers ordered required face coverings in certain situations in Wisconsin. This order does require every individual, age five and older, in Wisconsin shall wear a face covering while indoors. Face coverings are strongly recommended in all other setting, including outdoors when it is not possible to maintain physical distancing. The Iola-Scandinavia School District will be adhering to this emergency order.
The Order does establish exceptions to this rule. Individuals that would otherwise have to wear a face covering are permitted to remove their face covering in the following circumstances:
1. While eating or drinking.
2. When communicating with an individual who is deaf or hard of hearing and communication cannot be achieved through other means.
3. While obtaining a service that requires the temporary removal of the face covering, such as dental services.
4. While sleeping.
5. While swimming or on duty as a lifeguard.
6. While a single individual is giving a religious, political, media, educational, artistic, cultural, musical, or theatrical presentation for an audience, the single speaker may remove the face covering when actively speaking. While the face covering is removed, the speaker must remain at least 6 feet away from all other individuals at all times.
7. When engaging in work where wearing a face covering would create a risk to the individual, as determined by government safety guidelines.
8. When necessary to confirm the individual’s identity, including when entering a bank, credit union, or other financial institution.
9. When federal or state law or regulations prohibit wearing a face covering.
The emergency order also provides for the following exemptions.
1. Children between the ages of 2 and 5 are encouraged to wear a mask when physical distancing is not possible. The CDC does not recommend masks for children under the age of 2.
We encourage our students and families to continue practicing social distancing and adhere to the guidelines provided by the CDC and other entities.
Thank you for your attention to this communication.
Ray Przekurat, District Administrator
Iola-Scandinavia School District