Dear Parents and Guardians,
In the Iola-Scandinavia School District the health, safety and well-being of our students and staff are our top priorities. With the recently elevated discussion regarding the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) in the news, we want to take a moment to reinforce preventive safety measures and reference our process and communications.
First, it is important to remember that at this time, there have only been a small number of confirmed cases of coronavirus in the United States. As a school district, we are closely monitoring the situation and taking guidance from the Wisconsin Department of Health and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). There is currently no recommendation to close schools in the United States.
We encourage our students, staff and families to be mindful of key preventive measures. The CDC offers some tips below that can be useful in avoiding the spread of this and other illnesses.
- Avoid close contact with people who are sick.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth.
- Stay home when you are sick.
- Cover your cough or sneeze with a tissue, then throw the tissue in the trash.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces using a regular household cleaning spray or wipe.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds, especially after going to the bathroom; before eating; and after blowing your nose, coughing, or sneezing.
- If soap and water are not readily available, use an alcohol-based hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol. Always wash hands with soap and water if hands are visibly dirty.
In addition, please remember that if children are sick, they should not be at school. Students need to be fever-free for 24 hours before returning to class after any illness. Please refer to the health guidelines outlined on our district website. Keeping children home when they are sick is critical to prevention.
If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact Ray Przekurat at (715)-445-2411 ext.1401 or email@example.com.
Iola-Scandinavia School District